Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Warning: Hot Days Ahead!

That's according to PAG-ASA. And they say that this summer's going to one of the hottest and longest on record. Time to hit the beach to cool off and take our much needed R&R.

I remember our summers way back then. Every year, our family would never fail to visit the hot spring resorts in Calamba, Laguna. We'd start our trip on the old National Highway early in the morning then end up at around 10 a.m. in one of the resorts that dotted the place. Without being told twice, all the kids would immediately jump into the inviting pool and swim until it's time for lunch. The meal consisted mainly of the obligatory adobo with plain rice, fruits (usually ripe juicy mango or watermelon) and Coke. After that, the kids would jump right back into the pool while the adults lazed around the table to chat or catnap. The day usually ended at 4 pm. We'd pack everything up, dress up (with much protest from the kids) and hit the road back home.

To usher in this hot summer season, here's a layout I did of my DD dancing her heart out on the beach last year. I do love this series of photos I took of her. I used WeRMemoryMakers papers for this layout.


Oh, and I was able to make some thank you cards for my DS's nursery teacher. We'll give it to her on report card day at the end of the month. I can't wait.....My 2 boys are already on vacation, while DD will have hers on the 18th. Welcome to summer!!!

Please check out the gallery of Lasting Impression for the materials used in the "Dance" layout.

3 comments:

Nina said...

Lovely creations as always, seatmate! LOVE the photos of your daughter on the beach.

Hay, summer na naman! =)

*hugs*
Nina

marking said...

Hi Maybs. Love your daughter's photos and the LO. Nice cards too. I'm sure the teacher's will love them.

Alby said...

Love the layout and the cards! You're really an inspiration. More! More!