Monday, March 31, 2008

Making Memories and Easter Layouts

My DS attended his first "public" Easter Egg Hunt in our village. For the past years, I've always arranged an Easter Egg Hunt in the comfort of our home away from over-zealous parents/yayas/grandparents who most of the time do the hunting themselves. I felt that this year, DS was ready for the real world.

I'd have to hand it to this year's organizers, the village SK. Everything was so organized. And guess what.... NO ADULTS were allowed in the hunting area. It was all up to the kids to find their own loot. It was so heartwarming to see all the grown-ups cheering the kids on. Good, clean fun!

DS made me really proud that day. Being below 5 years old, DS was one of the first in the hunting area. He happily hunted for about 5 minutes then came to us to show off his loot. He wanted to go back and hunt for more eggs but we explained to him that we had to give the other kids a chance too. Upon hearing our explanation, DS quickly agreed and proudly announced with a big smile: "Mama!! I got three!!"



Simply Life Journaling: Gabriel, today you learned an important lesson that I hope you'll remember all your LIFE. Today, you learned to share with other children. You shared willingly & wholeheartedly, with a beautiful smile and a pure heart.


An Easter Story Journaling: You wanted to go back to get some more eggs but when Mama said that some of the other kids didn't get any yet, your face broke into a huge smile and you proudly said, "Mama, I got THREE!!!!"

Please check out Lasting Impression's gallery for the materials used for the Easter layouts. Hope you all had a Happy Easter. Thank you all for looking!!!

1 comments:

Christine said...

those are beautiful pages with beautiful journaling and photos! :) more, more, more!!