Saturday, January 5, 2008

A Xmas 2007 Mini-album

I still had a lot of leftover scraps from my 7gypsies layout so I decided to make a Xmas 2007 mini-album. I do love the non-traditional colors of the Pretoria line! Luckily the vibrant colors matched perfectly with my pictures.

The nice thing about doing mini-albums is that I can use my scraps!!!! Not just paper scraps, but any leftover rub-on & embellishment. I was even able to use the beads I got from the last Scrapfest & Studio Azul's mini leaf sequins. Hopefully, all this mixing & matching does not make my work appear chopsuey.

As base, I used 4x4 chipboard sheets given to me by my good friend, Liza G. (Thanks so much, Liz!!!) I cut the pp into the same size and adhered them on both sides of the chipboard using double-sided tape (my best friend when doing a mini!---fast & not messy). After finishing the pages, I used my new crop-a-dile to punch 2 holes on the left side of the chipboard. The crop-a-dile is one mean machine --- it punches holes effortlessly! To put it all together, I just inserted a key ring and further embellished this with ribbons.


I've learned several lessons while doing this mini so next time I do another mini I'd keep these tips in mind:
  1. Punch out the holes first before designing the page. This way, no picture, rub-on, or embellisment gets punched out.
  2. Tip for the ribbons: Fold ribbons it into half & then insert a brad to keep in place. Makes for a neater look.
  3. Use double-sided tape to adhere pages to the chipboard. Wet adhesive will produce a wrinkly effect on the pages when dried. Meanwhile, dry adhesive like the glue stick may not be as long-lasting.
I thoroughly enjoyed making this mini. I hope to make another one soon!

Materials Used:
1. 7gypsies - Pretoria line: Bokburg, Olifants, Benoni, Numbi, Edenvale
2. 7 gypsies Pretoria collection Frames & Tags Stickers
3. Scenic Route Christmas Rub-on Words
4. Swatchbook Impress-ons Narratives by Karen Russell
5. Versafine - Sepia Green
6. Black Staz-on
7. Fancy Pants 12x12 Clear Stamps - From the Garden
8. Maya Road Clear Stamps - Scrolls
9. Heidi Grace rub-ons - Words & Borders
10.Buttons, beads, mini-sequin leaves
11. Prima flowers
12. Lace & ribbons

2 comments:

Christine said...

what a lovely mini, Maybs!

cabbie lopez said...

wow maybs your minibook is really something to look at! the pic said it all plus i love your tips ha!helpful talaga. and its 4x4 so this must really be cute ! thanks for sharing! way to go on all your creations!