Saturday, December 1, 2007

Photoshop #3: It's HIP to be Square (and How to Post your LO Online)

1. Create New File. 2. Using the Marquee Tool, identify your selected image which your LO. Drag this to your New File.
3. A lot of times, your image will have to be resized. To do this, click Edit > Transform > Scale. I do hope you remember our previous lesson: hold the shift key down while pulling the corner.
Here we go:

Almost but not quite. My scanner & I are not really the best of friends so I usually just take a picture of my layout to post online. On many occasions, I would get so frustrated at the irregular corners I end up with. I never seem to get it perfect! For a band-aid solution, I would sneakily enlarge my image a tad bit just to make those "perfect" corners. I succeed in getting a square but in the process also fail miserably in giving an honest image of my layout.

Don't worry, there is way though... Hold your breath.

4. Click Edit>Transform>Warp. This will divide your image into a 3x3 grid. Now very gently (mind you, really gently) pull away at the corners until you form yourself a "perfect" square. Please try not to overdo it or you might end up with another shape.
Voila! Now isn't this much better!
This is my final image.

By the way, most online posts require a maximum file size. Either you plug in a lower resolution (say from 300 dpi to 72-90 dpi), which does not in any way change the quality of your image, or you can change the width/height dimensions of your file. Oh and do all your image adjustment/enhancements prior to resizing.

Happy posting to all!

0 comments: