Saturday, May 2, 2009

Slowly but Surely

...am rebuilding my blog. I was so shocked by the disaster I caused (pls see previous post) that I refused to sit in front of the computer! Well, actually I was also away in Baguio for 4 days which was a perfectly good excuse for me to stay away from the computer. The mountain air did all of us good because as soon as I got home, I was raring to scrap! Hmmm.... now I really know the reason for my low scrap output. I spend too much time on my butt blogging & blog-hopping when I should be scrapping and maybe baking.

Baguio was wet, wet, wet but the weather was still fantastic! We were able to go out in the mornings but come lunch hour the grey clouds suddenly descend upon the whole city and everything gets freezing wet. Still, it was a gorgeous vacation! Here's a picture of the kids trying out the strawberry flavored taho. Yum!!!! Try it when you go to Baguio!

The month of April bowed out with almost daily rains and a wet May seems to be upon us. Hmmm.. is summer is really over? Before the rains unusually stay on, here are a few happy, summer layouts that I made for Lasting Impression.

And my choice for a carefree summer layouts? Sassafras! I love the cute and carefree designs of all its lines! Love using it on my DS!

Still using Sassafras papers mixed with Cosmo Cricket, I then made this layout of my DS to commemorate the time he spent a few days in the hospital last year. DS almost freaked out when he saw pink colors on the layout! lol! The Sassafras lines are quite versatile too! I so love the mood that I captured in this layout of my 3 boys (DH & two DS) walking up the trail to Mount Mayi in South Korea.
I was on a roll so I decided to scrap DS' picture at the Everland Theme Park & Resort in Korea. (thanks also to the scrapping session we had last May 1 at Lasting Impression) DS & I were left behind while all our companions went to ride the giant wooden roller coaster with the really crazy loop-the-loop. Even though it was a long wait DS still had loads of fun! I used Cosmo Cricket, Prima & Rusty Pickle papers for this LO. I also had fun using (again! after a long, long time) my MM paints and UTEE on the chipboard.

Please check out the gallery and online shop of Lasting Impression for materials used here.

3 comments:

Alby said...

Wow, lovely layouts! You sure know how to bounce back!

Keep them coming!

Liza said...

Love the new LO's Maybs! I love the Sassafrass PP's too!

Great to see you've updated na your blog. It's always a bummer when the sidebars suddenly get lost.

bjay said...

cheer up! your blog will take shape in no time :)

so nice to see your awesome LOs again! we're missing you sa EBs na!